Mon, 02 Apr 2012 09:15 - Updated Mon, 02 Apr 2012 10:50
Cooperation reinforcement tops official's visit to Sao Tome
Send by email
To share this news by email, fill out the information below and click Send
To report errors in the texts of articles published, fill out the information below and click Send
Praia – The Angolan Media Vice-minister, Manuel Miguel de Carvalho “Wadijimbi”, started on Sunday an official visit in Sao Tome and Principe, aimed to strengthen cooperation between the two countries in social communication sector and analysis of accords signed so far.
During his arrival, the official was welcomed by the Angolan ambassador to that country, Alfredo Manuel Eduardo Mingas and São Tomean Secretary General Minister, Afonso Varela.
The Vice-minister said that both states have been cooperating for so long in various domains and periodically it is needed to hold contacts so as assess the rate cooperation and implementation of accords signed so far.
The Vice-minister’s delegation is comprised by officials of the Ministry of Social communication, Angolan Public Television (TPA) and Angola Press Agency (ANGOP).
He stressed that the social communication plays a key role in the two countries and this why it is not good for Angola to be informed about the reality of Sao Tome through foreign media organs.
The official recalled that under the existing cooperation, there were actions in field of training of staff, emphasising the on job training of Sao Tomean professionals in Angolan media organs such as National Radio of Angola and Journalists Training Centre.
On his turn, the Secretary General Minister of Sao Tome and Principe said that Angola and his country cooperate in media sector dated for long years.
Manuel Miguel de Carvalho will work in Sao Tome and Principe until 6 May and will meet the President of the Republic, Manuel Pinto da Costa, Prime Minister, Patrice Trovoada, as well as he will visit the premises of the local media organs.